Your whole family will enjoy this satisfying meal. Serve it like the Italians do and present it on a big platter at the dinner table. You don’t have to eat out to have a restaurant experience! Make it fun for everyone. Change it up a bit and set your table like you’re at a Trattoria! Prepare a basket of garlic bread and place it at one end. Give each person a glass for water and another for their drink of choice. Place a “pasta” spoon at the top of each place setting along with two forks, a knife and a spoon. Serve a salad at the start of the meal. You can create a little ambience and play Italian tunes. Mama Mia!
What You Will Need:
¾ lb fettuccine
1 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild, which ever you prefer), casings removed
3 shallots, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
What You Might Have at Home:
2 T olive oil
½ c sour cream
1 T marjoram
Salt & pepper
½ cup grated parmesan
1) Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook until tender.
2) Add sausage to skillet and crumble while cooking. Continue to cook until no longer pink.
3) Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
4) Add tomatoes, sour cream and marjoram to skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Drain pasta and add back into pot. Stir in sauce. Heat mixture over medium heat.
6) Serve with parmesan.