|There was barely time to take this photo!|
Easy Chicken Scampi
I would have preferred Shrimp Scampi, but this is what was in the house. A girl can dream… I threw this simple dish together in less than 30 minutes. We needed something quick and easy during the “witching” hour, especially tonight. Sometimes you reach your breaking point, whether your 2 and ½ feet tall or 6 feet tall, and you’re hungry and you just can’t wait any longer.
Thank goodness she liked it!
What You Will Need:
¾ lb thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 (10 oz) frozen peas
1 shallot, sliced
What You Already Have:
2 T unsalted butter, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ C chicken broth
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried marjoram
1 T olive oil
¾ C cooked orzo
1) Heat oil and 1 T butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Add garlic and shallot to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
3) Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
4) Cook peas in microwave and remove 1 minute from completely cooking time. Set aside.
5) Add broth and 1 T butter. Bring to boil and cook until liquid is slightly reduced.
6) Sprinkle with parsley, oregano, thyme, marjoram and a pinch of salt and pepper.
7) Stir in peas.
8) Serve over orzo.
Now onto the PARTAY! Link up your favorite recipes or kitchen advice. Only rule is to help spread the word!