I discovered my favorite easy dish last night. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of this myself… that easy! I love goat cheese, pasta and chicken. Throw in some extra veggies and you’ve got one amazing dish that’s filling and so good! You know what though? I think it would taste so much better without the chicken! You heard that right. It doesn’t need it. It’s rich enough on its own. What do you think?
What You Will Need:
½ box of orzo
1 lb thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pkg of plain goat cheese
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 large red bell pepper
1 (10 oz) bottle of sliced mushrooms, drained
What You Already Have:
1 tsp dried parsley
½ C reduced fat milk
2 T olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
Salt and pepper
1) Cook orzo according to package directions.
2) Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Cook chicken until no longer pink. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel.
4) Add red pepper and mushrooms to skillet. Transfer to plate.
5) Add goat cheese, milk and thyme to skillet. Whisk until smooth.
6) Add orzo, peppers, mushrooms to skillet.
7) Slice chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to skillet.
8) Bring to simmer to heat completely.
9) Serve with bread.
Technorati Tags: recipes,, recipe,, food,, easy,, quick,, healthy,, not,, ordinary,, cooking,, baking,, epicurious