Technorati Tags: recipes,, recipe,, food,, easy,, quick,, healthy,, not,, ordinary,, cooking,, baking,, epicurious
I wanted to make something that was as close to pizza as possible, but not pizza. This way I could please everyone and also sneak in some greens at the same time. Besides the “white” cheese, everyone seems to like it and I’ve found a new favorite for myself.
What You Will Need:
1 (13.8 oz) can of pizza dough
½ C ricotta cheese
¾ C parmesan cheese, grated
1 ½ C mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 garlic cloves
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 large bag of fresh spinach
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 T olive oil
1 T flour
Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
1) Preheat oven to 425˚.
2) Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cumin seeds and cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach to wilt.
3) Pour spinach mixture into medium bowl.
4) Sprinkle flour over parchment paper on baking sheet.
5) Roll out dough onto baking sheet.
6) Sprinkle half of dough with ½ of parmesan cheese.
7) Add ½ of mozzarella over top of parmesan and then add spinach mixture.
8) Sprinkle remaining parmesan and mozzarella overtop of spinach.
9) Dollop ricotta over other two cheeses.
10) Fold dough and pinch sides tightly, so it is secure.
11) Brush with olive oil.
12) Bake for 18 minutes.
13) Slice and serve!