I love tzatziki and falafel. I already tackled falafel way back when. You can find that recipe here and I strongly recommend trying it. Delish. In the mean time, I know my kids are not huge fans of the stuff. “Project Disguise” didn’t work out so well. It could have been the tahini sauce too.
This time I decided to make meatballs out of chicken, which they love. I put it all together the traditional way: pita, green peppers, tomatoes and tzatziki. This was a winner for one rugrat and the hubs. Our picky eater loved everything BUT the pita!
What You Will Need:
1 lb ground chicken
1 large seedless cucumber, peeled, cut into 4 pieces
5 oz fat free plain Greek yogurt
½ lemon, juice reserved
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 vine ripened tomato, diced
1 package whole-wheat pocketless pita
What You Already Have:
1 large clove of garlic, chopped
1 tsp ground oregano
¼ tsp dried dill
salt and pepper
grill pan or grill
4 T olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) Heat 2 T olive oil over medium heat on grill pan.
3) Mix chicken ½ tsp oregano, ½ garlic, pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper in medium bowl.
4) Form nine meatballs with mixture and grill on all sides until cooked through.
5) While grilling, prepare tzatziki sauce.
6) Puree cucumber, garlic, yogurt, 1 T olive oil, lemon juice, dill and remaining oregano in food processor.
7) Heat 1 T olive oil of medium-high heat. Sauté green peppers.
8) Wrap 4-5 pitas in aluminum foil and heat for 10 minutes.
9) Set one pita on plate and top with portion of tomatoes, green peppers, 2-3 meatballs and garnish with sauce and feta.
Powered by Blogger.