Sunday, January 8, 2012
Italian Roasted Sausage and Grapes
By now you should have figured out that I love Italian dishes, especially when they contain sausage. When I came across Bon Appétit’s Creamy Polenta with Roasted Sausage and Grapes dish, I was jumping up and down. The reason for my excitement was that this was a fail-proof dish AND the kids loved all three ingredients! I changed a few things, but it was hard to completely overhaul this recipe. It’s extremely simple and flawless.
What You Will Need:
1 pkg pre-cooked polenta (shame on me, I know)
1 lb sweet Italian style turkey sausage
1 lb red seedless grapes
1 (15 oz) can low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp thyme divided
What You Already Have:
salt and pepper
1 tsp dried parsley
1 garlic clove, minced
Large deep iron skillet
Large non-stick skillet
1) Preheat oven to 450°.
2) Open polenta and slice into ½ inch slices.
3) Heat 2 T olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat. Fry polenta and transfer in batches to platter. Season with ½ dried thyme.
4) Meanwhile brown sausages in iron skillet on all sides. Add grapes. Pour in chicken broth.
6) Transfer to platter.
7) Bring broth to boil to thicken. Season with thyme and parsley.
8) Pour over sausage and grapes.
Technorati Tags: recipes, recipe, food, easy, quick, healthy, not,,ordinary, cooking, baking, epicurious
Powered by Blogger.