Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Meatballs w/Sundried Tomatoes and Carrots
I love experimenting with meatballs because you can come up with some awesome flavor combinations.
Last night I threw together what I had and they came out so well. My daughter even told me, “Mom, dinner was dynamite.”
Makes me smile.
Don’t be afraid to change it up a bit. You might surprise yourself!
What You Will Need:
1 lb ground chicken
¾ C breadcrumbs
½ tsp ground oregano
½ tsp dried parsley
½ tsp dried basil
½ C grated Romano cheese
½ C finely chopped sundried tomatoes
½ C finely chopped baby carrots
15 oz tomato sauce
8 oz tomato paste
¼ sweet onion, finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper
uncooked whole wheat ziti
2 T olive oil
1) Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2) Mix together chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley, basil, Romano cheese, sundried tomatoes, baby carrots, onion and garlic in medium bowl.
3) Form small balls and set aside on plate.
4) Heat oil large and heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
5) Brown meatballs until all sides are cooked. Transfer to clean plate.
6) Stir in tomato sauce, paste, chicken bouillon and ½ C water. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
7) Season sauce with dash of sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and basil.
8) Add meatballs back into sauce and cover with lid.
9) Simmer for 10-13 minutes covered.
10) Spoon over pasta.
Powered by Blogger.