Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Chicken, Artichoke, Spinach and Casserole
Well my critics will probably slam me for the photos of this one, but you have to try it despite its appearance. Just check out the ooey gooey cheesy photo. The “gooeyness” is so good! Yes, it’s another great idea from www.bhg.com.
This was extremely easy to make and I wondered why I never tried something like this before. It’s almost like a spinach and artichoke dip that has chicken in it. I constructed my version in a different manner that took less time and it was very simple. My husband and I were thoroughly pleased. The kids loved the bow tie pasta. Go ahead, try it!
What You Will Need:
1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp pepper
¾ box of bow tie pasta, uncooked
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 T olive oil
1 cup milk
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 (15 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 package frozen spinach
½ C sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
½ C Parmesan cheese
2 slices of day old bread
½ tsp ground oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Add bread, ½ of Parmesan, basil and parsley to food processor and puree until fine crumbs form.
3) Cook pasta according to package directions.
4) Season chicken with paprika, oregano, garlic salt and pepper.
5) Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until no longer pink.
6) Microwave spinach for 3 minutes. Squeeze and drain out liquid.
7) Add to bowl. Mix in chicken, pasta, and jack cheese, ½ of Parmesan, tomatoes, egg, and milk.
8) Pour into greased casserole dish and cover with breadcrumbs.
9) Bake covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
Powered by Blogger.