Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Unbelievably Easy Fried Rice
I definitely felt that my fried rice from over a year ago needed some improvement. While chatting with my husband about what we did during the day, I was able to easily assemble this delicious concoction. It took little concentration and was dynamite!
I made plenty, so we would have leftovers for the next day. Who doesn’t like Chinese leftovers?
The girls weren’t crazy about the peas, but they gobbled up everything else!
What You Will Need:
¾ lb thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 C frozen peas/carrots mixture
2 large eggs
½ C low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 T olive oil
1 C long grain white/brown rice
2 chicken bouillon
1 T unsalted butter
1) Cook rice according to package directions, adding butter and chicken bouillons.
2) Season chicken with salt, pepper, and ¼ tsp ground ginger.
3) Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink. Transfer to plate.
4) Beat eggs in small bowl. Add to skillet and scramble. Transfer to plate of chicken.
5) Add vegetables to skillet. Pour ½ soy sauce over vegetables. Season with remaining ginger, onion powder, and garlic salt.
6) Add rice to skillet to heat through.
7) Add chicken and eggs to skillet.
8) Feel free to season with additional soy sauce.
Powered by Blogger.