These little meatloaves are perfect when served on a mini bun with a little dill pickle chip. You will wow your kids or your guests at a football party. They are fun and full of flavor. I came across the recipe for these when I was trying to figure out an amusing dinner for the kids. They were so pumped up from the excitement of New Year's. I wanted to keep the enthusiasm up with some cool treats for dinner. My kids also aren't used to eat hamburgers all of the time. It works better when we make them slider-size around this house.
Thank you Betty Crocker for giving me the idea!
What You Will Need:
1 lb lean ground beef
3/4 C panko
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
2 pieces of string cheese, cut into 12 pieces
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Combine 1/4 C crushed tomatoes, egg, beef, panko, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and pepper in medium bowl.
3) Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
4) Fill each compartment with meat mixture.
5) Stuff the middle of meat with piece of string cheese. Pinch meat mixture back over cheese so that is not exposed.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7) Remove from oven to continue cooking and sit for 10 mins.
8) Heat remaining tomatoes in saucepan and season with oregano, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over sliders or serve on the side.