I found a box of prepared polenta in the pantry that must have been from my crazy shopping trip pre-holidays. I also had some frozen chicken breast tenders in the freezer. Time for an Italian feast! The kids are huge fans of this prepared polenta from when the hubs made dinner over the summer.
I think I told you about his amazing grilled tuna and polenta perfection in this post. He nearly charred the polenta, which gave it a nice crispiness. Mine wasn't nearly as crunchy, but it had a nice consistency.
Back to tonight's fantastic dish though... This was a great dish that was very semi-homemade, but it was still fantastic! I coated the chicken in flour and seasoning, pan fried it and served it over the polenta with some homemade tomato sauce. Dynamite! I even added some bread to the plates to help sop up the extra tomato sauce.
Bring on the carbs 2013!
What You Will Need:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 box prepared polenta
1 small can of tomato sauce
3 oz tomato paste
1/2 C chicken broth
2 T lemon infused olive oil
3 T flour
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry basil
1/4 tsp ground dry oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
5 slices bacon (I used leftover Tofu bacon-strange but good flavor)
1) Mix flour and 1/2 of each portion of seasoning in pie plate. Coat chicken in flour mixture.
2) Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
3) Brown chicken until full cooked. Transfer to plate.
4) Brown bacon in same skillet until crispy and transfer to plate. Crumble.
5) Stir chicken broth into skillet scraping up bits.
6) Add tomato sauce and paste and remaining seasoning. Bring to boil and then simmer.
7) Add chicken back into skillet. Cover and simmer.
8) Slice polenta into 1/2 inch pieces and brown on both sides in separate skillet.
9) Uncover chicken and crumble bacon over sauce.
10) Serve over polenta.