|Extra large taquito|
Right before the holidays were gearing up, I decided it would be a good idea to grocery shop for everything we'd need after the festivities too. Who wants to go to the store the days after weeks of celebrating? It can be so disappointing because you're not in there to purchase a bunch of ingredients to bake cookies or junk food.
|crispy, cheesy, yummy...|
The New Year means time to get back into the grind and get your diet back in check. Turns out I wasn't the only one with this idea. I saw numerous shopping carts and even a variety of pushchairs full of food. I'm not kidding. There were actually people using their strollers as another source to carry all they could. Would you believe me if I told you there was even a case of beer thrown in there?
My cart was filled with non-perishables and some things that would be easy to defrost. I almost always have the following on hand. I can make a bunch ahead of time, freeze them and pop them in the oven for an easy weeknight dinner.
They're slightly adapted from a Mission recipe from the Must Have Recipes App on my iPhone.
What You Will Need:
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lb chicken
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of diced green chiles
1 C shredded Mexican Cheese blend
1 C fresh salsa olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chili powder salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Season chicken with salt, cumin, coriander and 1/2 of chili pepper.
3) Heat 1 T olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
4) Sauté minced garlic for one minute.
5) Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
6) Break up chicken in skillet.
7) Stir in soup, a dollop of sour cream and chiles.
8) Lay tortillas on flat surface a fill with 1/2 C chicken mixture.
9) Sprinkle pinch of cheese over mixture.
10) Wrap and secure with toothpick.
11) Transfer to baking sheet.
12) Repeat until all chicken mixture is gone.
13) Brush tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of chili powder over each one.
14) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
15) Serve with salsa.