"Today is like a Saturday, Mommy." My daughter was so excited about the snow day because it meant that we wouldn't leave the home and it was a "no work day" for Daddy. Not quite, kid. Daddy still has to work, but now has three loud mouths around and a barking dog. Mommy had lots of work that needed completion too, but the snow kept the kids at home and bored to tears. We managed to get lots of playing done though... don't you worry.
Mommy was able to get lots of stuff done in the morning and in between playing outside and indoor actiivites... nap time allowed for a nice portion of the day for work too.
When it came time for dinner, today was going to be the perfect day for a part-crockpot meal. This is the kind of slow-cooker meal that requires half of the time in the crockpot and half of the time in the skillet. It was delicious and a nice end to a long day.
What You Will Need:
1 lb chicken breast tenderloins, frozen
1/3 C ketchup
1/3 C ranch salad dressing
1/3 C apricot preserves
2 tsp Garlic salt
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
2 T flour
1) Place chicken in slow cooker.
2) Pour ketchup, dressing, preserves, molasses, garlic salt and onion on top of chicken.
3) Close lid and cook for 3-4 hours.
4) Transfer chicken to plate and shred with forks.
5) Pour sauce from slow cooker into skillet and whisk in flour.
6) Heat over medium heat and bring to boil.
7) Thicken sauce.
8) Add meat and sauce into bowl and mix thoroughly.
9) Serve with buns.