In all of this promotion stuff, I've forgotten what brought me to writing the book in the first place. You, my readers are what drive me and I've abandoned you for a bit. I apologize.
I must admit that I've been exhausted and the thought of cooking has been a challenge. Thankfully I was contacted by Visalus Body By Vi to test a product of theirs and come up with a recipe using the shake mix. Thanks to these guys I was forced to think of something to present to you, my readers and my family would be glad I was cooking again.
This shake mix contains nutritional ingredients to help keep you healthy all day long. It was a no-brainer for me to come up with a snack for the whole family. I wanted to offer my kids a snack that didn't come out of box for once. I combined a bunch of things we all love into one.
Everyone loves these bars and you will too.
They are low-fat, gluten-free, calcium-rich, protein-packed savory snacks!
What You Will Need: (makes 20 bars)
4 egg whites
4 scoops Vi-Shape Shake Mix-Sweet Cream
1 C quick-cooking oats
1 C quinoa-ground
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C organic peanut butter
1/2 C apple sauce
1/4 C raisins
1/4 C chopped, pitted dates
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 C unsalted peanuts
non-stick cooking spray
1) Ground quinoa in food processor.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) Grease 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
4) Mix together quinoa, shake mix, salt, oats, baking powder in large bowl.
5) In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, peanut butter, brown sugar and apple sauce.
6) Beat dry ingredients into wet ones.
7) Fold raisins, dates, chocolate chips and peanuts into mixture.
8) Spread batter evenly into baking dish.
9) Bake for 30 minutes.
10) Remove from oven and let cool completely.
11) Cut into bars.
12) Store in airtight container.
**ViSalus provided me with Body By Vi Shape Mix to use in this recipe. All thoughts and ideas are my own.**